Cathie Wood-led Ark Investment Management on Friday bought 150,556 shares, worth about $26.15 million, in Walt Disney Co DIS, marking its debut in the media and entertainment company as analysts pointed to benefits from the reopening of theme parks in 2021.
DIS shares fell 2.58% at $173.70 on Friday. The company reported fiscal second-quarter earnings after market hours on Thursday.
Walt Disney World Resort has announced that visitors are no longer required to wear masks in most outdoor areas.
The Disney shares were purchased for the ARK Next Generation Internet ETF ARKW. Shares of ARKW closed 4.14% higher at $128.60 on Friday.
ARKW also sold 26,621 shares, worth about $13.1 million, in video streaming company Netflix Inc NFLX.
Ark also holds 23,226 shares, worth about $11.3 million, in Netflix via its Ark Space Exploration & Innovation ETF ARKX.
See also: How to Buy Disney Stock
Disney and Sony Group Corporation’s SONY Sony Pictures Entertainment last month announced a multi-year content licensing deal that will give Disney U.S. streaming and television rights for “Spider-Man” and other upcoming Sony movies after their initial streaming on Netflix.
Other Ark Buys On Friday:
- Uipath Inc PATH
- Twilio Inc TWLO
- Repare Therapeutics Inc RPTX
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals Inc RXRX
- 908 Devices Inc MASS
- Signify Health Inc SGFY
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc IONS
- Exact Sciences Corporation EXAS
- CM Life Sciences II Inc CMII
- Berkeley Lights Inc BLI
- Codexis Inc CDXS
- Accolade Inc ACCD
- Surface Oncology Inc SURF
- Zoom Video Communications Inc ZM
- Unity Software Inc U
- TuSimple Holdings TSP
- Palantir Technologies PLTR
- Pacific Biosciences of California Inc PACB
- Crispr Therapeutics AG CRSP
- Coinbase Global Inc COIN
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc KTOS
- Iridium Communications Inc IRDM
Other Ark Sells On Friday:
- Yeahka Ltd YHEKF
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc MKTX
- Nvdia Corp NVDA
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated VRTX
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc TMO
- Syros Pharmaceuticals Inc SYRS
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc SRPT
- Roche Holding Ag RHHBY
- Pluristem Therapeutics Inc PSTI
- Phreesia Inc PHR
- Baidu Inc BIDU
- Organovo Holdings Inc ONVO
- Lendingtree Inc TREE
- Synopsys Inc SNPS
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc REGN
- Paccar Inc PCAR
- HUYA Inc HUYA
- Tencent Holdings TCEHY
- Fastly Inc FSLY
- Crowdstrike Holdings Inc CRWD
- Workhorse Group Inc WKHS
- Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc SPCE
- Agora Inc API
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.