- CAI International, Inc. CAI shares surged 46.9% to close at $56.05 on Friday after the company agreed to a $1.1 billion takeover by Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc.
- Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated SYKE rose 29.8% to settle at $53.45 after the company announced it will be acquired by Sitel Group at a purchase price of $54 per share in cash.
- Geron Corporation GERN shares gained 29.8% to close at $1.83 after the company reported the publication of IMbark Phase 2 data in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- ATAI Life Sciences N.V. ATAI surged 29.7% to settle at $19.45 after the company priced its IPO at $15 per share.
- Alfi, Inc. ALF gained 29.4% to close at $7.96. The company, last week, announced an agreement with All-Niter for the fulfillment, staging and shipment of 10,000 digital tablets to countrywide Uber and Lyft drivers.
- Verve Therapeutics, Inc. VERV climbed 19.2% to close at $38.05. Verve Therapeutics shares surged 68% on Thursday after the company priced its IPO at $19 per share.
- Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. SWBI gained 17.2% to settle at $23.35 after the company posted better-than-expected results for its fourth quarter. The company reported a $50 million buyback program and also boosted its quarterly dividend from $0.05 to $0.08 per share.
- Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. TRCH surged 16.1% to close at $6.27.
- PDS Biotechnology Corporation PDSB jumped 15.8% to close at $11.52 after multiple officers and directors reported shares purchases in Form 4 Filings on Thursday.
- Codex DNA, Inc DNAY climbed 15.6% to close at $18.50 after the company priced its IPO at $16 per share.
- Century Therapeutics, Inc. IPSC gained 14.2% to settle at $22.83 as the company priced its IPO at $20 a share.
- Quantum-Si incorporated QSI surged 13.8% to close at $9.22.
- Aptorum Group Limited APM rose 13.2% to close at $3.43.
- KnowBe4, Inc. KNBE surged 12.9% to close at $33.66.
- Codexis, Inc. CDXS shares gained 12.6% to settle at $22.12 after the company lifted its sales projections for 2021 following the receipt of a new order for a proprietary high performance enzyme product. The company said it now expects revenue of $89 million to $93 million, versus its earlier forecast of $82 million to $85 million.
- Vallon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. VLON surged 11.5% to close at $5.34.
- Wah Fu Education Group Limited WAFU gained 11.4% to settle at $8.13. Wah Fu Education recently filed for mixed shelf of up to $25 million.
- Intec Pharma Ltd NTEC gained 10.2% to close at $4.96.
- TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. TCON jumped 10.1% to close at $7.26.
- Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. CRNX rose 9.7% to close at $21.15 after JP Morgan upgraded the stock from Neutral to Overweight and announced a $28 price target.
- Cyanotech Corporation CYAN gained 9.2% to settle at $2.98.
- DLocal Limited DLO climbed 9.1% to close at $37.58. DLocal, earlier during the month, priced its IPO at $21 a share.
- SemiLEDs Corporation LEDS climbed 7.9% to settle at $19.35.
- CureVac N.V. CVAC gained 7.1% to close at $61.94. CureVac shares tumbled 39% on Thursday after the company announced its COVID-19 vaccine demonstrated an interim vaccine efficacy of 47% and did not meet its prespecified statistical success criteria.
- The GEO Group, Inc. GEO shares rose 5.8% to close at $7.62 after an SEC Form 4 filing showed the CEO George Zoley bought 166K shares of the stock at an average price of $6.7452 per share on June 15th.
- AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. ANPC gained 5.8% to close at $4.58 after the company announced it was granted its first disease treatment patent by the USPTO on June 7, 2021. The company also announced it cancer treatment project secured multi-million dollar funds.
- Hydrofarm Holdings Group Inc HYFM shares rose 3.8% to close at $56.50 after the company announced plans to acquire Aurora Innovations, Inc. and its organic nutrients and grow media operations.
- Orphazyme A/S ORPH shares fell 49.7% to close at $7.33 on Friday after the company announced it received a Complete Response Letter from the FDA for its treatment for Niemann-Pick Disease Type C and also cut its FY2021 outlook.
- Athira Pharma, Inc. ATHA dropped 38.9% to settle at $11.15. Athira Pharma’s CEO Leen Kawas has been placed on temporary leave until the company completes a review “stemming from doctoral research Dr. Kawas conducted while at Washington State University.” The company, which is developing drugs for treating Alzheimer’s disease, said that Chief Operating Officer Mark Litton would assume day-to-day responsibilities during Kawas’ leave.
- Urban One, Inc. UONE tumbled 28% to close at $9.84 as the stock continues to pull back after it saw a run up in anticipation of Juneteenth in recent weeks. The company late Wednesday filed a prospectus related to the offer and sale of 2.9 million shares.
- Capstone Green Energy Corporation CGRN shares fell 22.3% to close at $5.69 after the company increased its earlier announced bought deal offering of common stock to $10.0 million.
- Oxbridge Re Holdings Limited OXBR fell 21.5% to close at $2.66.
- MediaCo Holding Inc. MDIA dipped 20.2% to close at $3.92.
- AGM Group Holdings Inc. AGMH fell 19.4% to close at $10.40.
- Nouveau Monde Graphite Inc. NMG dipped 17.7% to settle at $7.45 after the company reported pricing of $52,500,000 public offering of common shares in the US and Canada.
- Reneo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. RPHM tumbled 17.3% to close at $8.63.
- Broadway Financial Corporation BYFC dropped 16.6% to settle at $2.51. The financial sector was pressured by a dip in the 10-year and 30-year treasury yields.
- Townsquare Media, Inc. TSQ declined 14.8% to close at $11.56.
- Entera Bio Ltd. ENTX fell 14.8% to close at $4.42.
- CuriosityStream Inc. CURI fell 14.7% to close at $12.63. B of A Securities downgraded CuriosityStream from Buy to Underperform.
- Arrival ARVL fell 14.2% to close at $17.91. Arrival recently reiterated plans to have 31 microfactories by the end of 2024 and may add more if the demand is high.
- Engine Media Holdings, Inc. GAME dipped 14% to close at $9.00.
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust SJT fell 13.4% to close at $4.84. San Juan Basin Royalty Trust declared cash distribution of $0.017615 per unit for June 2021.
- Nam Tai Property Inc. NTP dipped 13.3% to settle at $26.80 on below-average volume.
- Vivos Therapeutics, Inc. VVOS fell 13% to close at $4.94.
- Protagenic Therapeutics, Inc. PTIX dropped 12.8% to close at $2.94.
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. CARV dipped 12.4% to close at $10.01.
- Diginex Limited EQOS fell 12.4% to settle at $6.81.
- inTEST Corporation INTT dropped 12.2% to close at $15.58.
- Graybug Vision, Inc. GRAY fell 12% to settle at $5.05.
- Ares Commercial Real Estate Corporation ACRE shares fell 11.4% to close at $14.45 after the company priced an underwritten public offering of 6,500,000 shares for total estimated gross proceeds of around $102.8 million.
- Olema Pharmaceuticals, Inc. OLMA tumbled 11.2% to settle at $24.51.
- Thryv Holdings, Inc. THRY dipped 10.4% to close at $31.91.
- Cuentas Inc. CUEN fell 9.5% to settle at $2.28.
- Unisys Corporation UIS dropped 9.2% to close at $24.06.
- Tenneco Inc. TEN fell 8.7% to close at $19.81.
- Auddia Inc. AUUD shares declined 8.6% to settle at $2.55.
- Cellect Biotechnology Ltd. APOP fell 5.8% to close at $3.91. Cellect Biotechnology shares jumped 27% on Thursday after the company announced it filed a registration statement in connect with the proposed merger agreement with Quoin Pharmaceuticals.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: NewsPenny StocksSmall CapPre-Market OutlookMarketsMoversTrading IdeasInformation TechnologyIT Consulting & Other ServicesMovers From YesterdayTop Gainers