The Dollar Index Is Trading At Levels Last Seen In 2000
USD/JPY: Price Rally Stalled At 131.35
Do Technicals Point To More Downside For GBPJPY?
Victory Day In Moscow: Putin Seems To Think Russia Is Winning In Ukraine
Is The British Pound Sterling Chart A Good Recession Indicator?
NZDUSD – Forex Recap And The Week Ahead
Compare Forex Trading Platforms
Billing itself as the world’s 1st eco-friendly broker, CedarFX makes it easy to trade and give back to the planet. You can choose a 0% Commission Account or an Eco Account — or open multiple accounts to meet all your needs.
CedarFX offers access to a wide range of tradable securities, including stocks, futures, major and exotic forex pairs, cryptocurrencies and more. Though CedarFX could introduce a few additional educational resources, the broker remains a unique option for traders invested in giving back.
- Forex investors
- Investors interested in 0% commission or eco conscious trading
- Investors looking for 24/7 customer service
- Allows users to offset their carbon footprint
- 0% commission investing
- Offers demo account access
- 24/7 customer service available through live chat
- Eco Account Option (10 trees planted for each lot traded)
- Fast deposits/withdrawls with Bitcoin
- Limited number of educational resources for new investors
FOREX.com is a one-stop shop for forex traders. With a massive range of tradable currencies, low account minimums and an impressive trading platform, FOREX.com is an excellent choice for brokers searching for a home base for their currency trading. New traders and seasoned veterans alike will love FOREX.com’s extensive education and research center that provides free, informative forex trading courses at multiple skill levels. While FOREX.com is impressive, remember that it isn’t a standard broker.
- MetaTrader 4 users
- Beginner forex traders
- Active forex traders
- Impressive, easy-to-navigate platform
- Wide range of education and research tools
- Access to over 80 currencies to buy and sell
- Leverage available up to 50:1
- Cannot buy and sell other securities (like stocks and bonds)
IG is a comprehensive forex broker that offers full access to the currency market and support for over 80 currency pairs. The broker only offers forex trading to its U.S.-based customers, the brokerage does it spectacularly well. Novice traders will love IG’s intuitive mobile and desktop platforms, while advanced traders will revel in the platform’s selection of indicators and charting tools. Though IG could work on its customer service and fees, the broker is an asset to new forex traders and those who prefer a more streamlined interface.
- New forex traders who are still learning the ropes
- Traders who prefer a simple, clean interface
- Forex traders who trade primarily on a tablet
- Easy-to-navigate platform is easy for beginners to master
- Mobile and tablet platforms offer full functionality of the desktop version
- Margin rates are easy to understand and affordable
- Access to over 80 currency pairs
- U.S. traders can currently only trade forex
- Customer service options are lacking
- No 2-factor authentication on mobile
Pepperstone is an Australian broker focused on providing international forex, CFD and cryptocurrency trading. Though U.S. traders currently cannot open an account with Pepperstone, the broker remains an affordable and comprehensive option for international traders.
Pepperstone offers traders access to over 61 forex markets, over 60 CFDs for index funds and stocks and 5 cryptocurrencies. Leverage options with Pepperstone are extensive; you may qualify for up to 500:1 leverage when trading currencies and up to 5:1 leverage when trading cryptocurrencies, for example.
There are a few areas where Pepperstone can afford to improve. We’d love to see Pepperstone add its own trading platform in the future instead of relying entirely on 3rd-party platforms. We’d also love to see direct stock and fund purchase options in the future. Despite these flaws, Pepperstone remains a very strong choice for international traders.
- International traders interested in trading CFDs from foreign markets and currencies
- Traders who are already familiar with the MetaTrader or cTrader platforms
- Traders who are looking for leverage when trading cryptocurrencies
- Access to over 61 forex pairs and over 60 stock CFDs
- Leverage available for both forex and cryptocurrency trading
- Wide range of educational tools and courses that both beginners and experts can use
- 24/7 customer service
- Not currently available to U.S. traders
- No option to purchase stocks, bonds or mutual funds directly; only CFDs are available