Biotech stocks closed the week ended May 22 higher, with stray clinical readouts and COVID-19 drug- and vaccine-related news moving stocks in the sector.
Surface Oncology Inc SURF was one of the biggest advancers of the week after it announced an oncology partnership with Merck & Co., Inc. MRK.
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc SRNE, which announced on May 15 the discovery of 100% inhibition of SARS-CoV-2, was in the news yet again this week as short sellers clamped down on the biotech, questioning the veracity of its claims.
AstraZeneca plc AZN and Merck received the FDA nod for Lynparza to treat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with homologous recombination repair mutations.
The following are key catalysts for the unfolding week:
2020 International Society of Cell and Gene Therapy, or ISCT, annual meeting: May 28-29.
American Society of Clinical Oncologists 2020 Virtual Scientific Program: May 29-31.
American Society for Clinical Pathology, or ASCP, 2020 Annual Meeting (virtual conference): May 29-30.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc REGN and Sanofi SA SNY await the FDA verdict on their sBLA for Dupixent in pediatric eczema. (Tuesday)
IPO Quiet Period Expiry
Mersana Therapeutics Inc MRSN will present interim data from the ongoing XMT-1536 Phase 1 dose expansion in patients with ovarian cancer and non-small cell lung adenocarcinoma.
- Arvinas Inc ARVN: additional Phase 1 data on ARV-110 in castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Trillium Therapeutics Inc TRIL: updated Phase 1a/b data on TTI-622 in refractory lymphoma or multiple myeloma
- Cardiff Oncology Inc CRDF: Phase 1b/2 data on onvansertib, folfiri and avastin in KRAS-mutated colorectal cancer
- Iovance Biotherapeutics Inc IOVA: new interim Phase 2 data on LN-144-lifileucel in refractory metastatic melanoma
- Blueprint Medicines Corp BPMC: updated Phase 1/2 data for praksetinib in RET-altered tumors
- Allogene Therapeutics Inc ALLO: Initial Phase 1 data for ALLO-501 in non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Inc DCPH: Phase 1b/2 data on rebastinib and paclitaxel in solid tumors
- GENMAB A/S/S ADR GMAB: Phase 1/2 data on epcoritamab in B-cell lymphoma
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. AVEO: Phase 3 data for tivozanib in third-line treatment of patients with renal cell cancer
- Merck: Phase 3 data for Keytruda in colorectal cancer
- Amgen, Inc. AMGN: updated Phase 1 data for AMG 510 in solid tumors
- IMMUTEP LTD/S ADR IMMP: initial Phase 2 data for eftilagimod alpha and Keytruda in non-small cell lung cancer, head and neck cancer
- Heat Biologics Inc HTBX: Phase 2 data on HS-110 and Opdivo in non-small cell lung cancer
- Autolus Therapeutics Ltd – ADR AUTL: updated Phase 2 data for AUTO3 in relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Oncolytics Biotech, Inc. ONCY: interim Phase 1 data for pelareorep and carfilzomib/dexamethasone in multiple myeloma; interim Phase 2 data for pelareorep with Keytruda in pancreatic cancer
- Athenex Inc ATNX: Phase 2 data on oraxol in angiosarcoma
- Harpoon Therapeutics Inc HARP: preliminary Phase 1 data on HPN424 in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Gossamer Bio Inc GOSS: initial Phase 1/2 data on GB1275 in solid tumors
- ImmunoGen, Inc IMGN: initial Phase 1b/2 data for mirvetuximab soravtansine in ovarian cancer and relapsed endometrial cancer
- Merus NV MRUS: Phase 2 data for MCLA-128 in breast cancer
- CytomX Therapeutics Inc CTMX: Phase 1 data for CX-2029 in solid tumors/diffuse large B-cell lymphoma; initial Phase 1 data on BMS-986249 and Opdivo in solid tumors or lymphomas
- Corvus Pharmaceuticals Inc CRVS: initial Phase 1b/2 data for CPI-444 in solid tumors
- Pfizer Inc. PFE: Presentation of data on Bavencio in bladder cancer
- CELYAD SA/ADR CYAD: Phase 1 data on CYAD-101 in colorectal cancer
- Immunomedics, Inc. IMMU: Phase 2 data on sacituzumab govitecan in urothelial cancer
- Xencor Inc XNCR: initial Phase 1 data on XmAb20717 in solid tumors
- MacroGenics Inc MGNX: Phase 1 data on MGD013 in solid tumors; Phase 1/2 data for MGC018 in solid tumors
- DelMar Pharmaceuticals Inc DMPI: Phase 2 data on VAL-083 in unmethylated newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals Inc SLRX: Phase 1 data on seclidemstat in Ewing sarcoma
- AstraZeneca: Phase 3 data on Tagrisso in non-small cell lung carcinoma
- Genocea Biosciences Inc GNCA: updated Phase 1/2 data on GEN-009 vaccine for various cancers
- NextCure Inc NXTC: Phase 1 biomarker data on NC318 in solid tumors
- Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals Inc SBPH: Phase 1 data on SB 11285 in solid tumors
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC – ADR ADAP: Summary of Phase 1 data on MAGE-A4 in solid tumors
- ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc. ZIOP: initial Phase 2 data on Ad-RTS-hIL-12, along with veledimex and Libtayo in refractory glioblastoma multiforme
- Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc AGIO: Phase 1 data on vorasidenib in IDHm low-grade glioma
- Oncternal Therapeutics Inc ONCT: updated Phase 1/2 data on cirmtuzumab and ibrutinib in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma
- Roche Holdings AG Basel ADR Common Stock RHHBY: Phase 2 data on tiragolumab and atezolizumab in non-small cell lung cancer
- Aptose Biosciences Inc APTO: Phase 1 data on CG-806 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia or non-Hodgkin lymphomas
- Kura Oncology Inc KURA: Phase 2 mature data on tipifarnib in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas with HRAS Mutations
- Innate Pharma SA IPHA: Phase 2 second cohort expansion data on monalizumab in combination with cetuximab in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
- Imv Inc IMV:: updated Phase 1b data on DPX-Survivac and epacadostat in ovarian cancer
- MEI Pharma Inc MEIP: updated Phase 1b data on ME-401 in relapsed/refractory follicular lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- TapImmune Inc. common stock MRKR: updated Phase 1/2 data on MultiTAA-Specific T Cells in pancreatic cancer
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc INO:: Phase 1/2 12-month overall survival data on INO-5401 in glioblastoma
Mesoblast limited MESO: oral presentation of results using its allogeneic mesenchymal stem cell product candidate remestemcel-L in patients with inflammatory lung disease
Karuna Therapeutics Inc KRTX will present additional data from the Phase 2 clinical trial of KarXT for the treatment of acute psychosis in patients with schizophrenia.
- REDHILL BIOPHAR/S ADR RDHL (before the market open)
- Trinity Biotech plc TRIB (before the market open)
- Adverum Biotechnologies Inc ADVM (after the close)
- Geron Corporation GERN (after the close)
Lyra Therapeutics Inc LYRA
Correction: Clovis Oncology Inc's CLVS Phase 1b/2 data on the Opdivo-lucitanib combo is due at a medical meeting in fall of 2020.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.