Time announced this week its annual 100 Most Influential Companies list. Here’s a look at the publicly traded companies that made the list.
What Happened: The 2022 winners were divided into five categories with the Titans category containing the most publicly traded companies of the five groups.
Many of the privately held companies could become publicly traded in the future with Reddit, Impossible Foods and TikTok among the most well-known non-public companies on the list. Parents will also be pleased to hear that Pinkfrog, the company behind “Baby Shark” also made the list.
Here’s a look at the public companies on the list divided by categories and included with the tagline Time attributed to best describe the reason for inclusion.
- IonQ Inc IONQ: Going quantum
- Amazon.com Inc AMZN: The everything company
- Pfizer Inc PFE: Reducing risk
- United Parcel Service Inc UPS: Shipping success
- Alphabet Inc GOOGGOOGL: Silicon Valley standout
- Capital One Financial COF: Fewer fees
- United Airlines Holdings UAL: Leading the Fleet
- Ford Motor Co F: Electrifying everything
- IBM IBM: Taking climate into account
- Meta Platforms FB: Mainstreaming the metaverse
- Microsoft Corp MSFT: Game on
- Apple Inc AAPL: Flexing its muscles
- Walmart Inc WMT: Investing in workers
- NVIDIA Corp NVDA: Powering tech’s evolution
- BYD Co BYDDY: Charging up China
- Walt Disney Co DIS: Relaxing restrictions
- Netflix Inc NFLX: Expanding viewers’ horizons
- Spotify Technology SPOT: Playing the hits
- Airbnb Inc ABNB: Offering shelter
- Alaska Air Group ALK: Cleaning up air travel
- Upwork Inc UPWK: Finding flexibility
- Sony Group Corp SONY: Entertaining the world
- Nextdoor Holdings Inc KIND: Prompting kindness
- Curaleaf Holdings CURLF: Growth model
- DoorDash Inc DASH: Delivering relief
- Walgreens Boots Alliance WBA: Beyond prescriptions
- Rivian Automotive RIVN: Electric dreams
- SoFi Technologies SOFI: New bank on the block
- Moderna Inc MRNA: Improving access
- Allbirds Inc BIRD: Selling sustainability
- AMC Entertainment Holdings AMC: Memestock mastery
- Starry Group Holdings Inc STRY: Cheaper broadband
- GoodRx Holdings GDRX: Making medicine affordable
- Sonder Holdings SOND: Ready for departure
Why It’s Important: The Time list contains a wide range of companies based on name-brand awareness and valuation with some of the largest companies in the world like Apple, Amazon and Nvidia making the list.
The list also highlights several companies that went public over the last 15 months including some by SPAC merger (Sonder, Starry, SoFi, Nextdoor) and others that completed IPOs (Rivian, Allbirds).
Appearing on the list is no guarantee of future success but can help highlight the companies and increase brand awareness and lead to marketing opportunities and better recruiting for job candidates.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.