The Black Friday shopping event is almost here, and holiday shoppers are already planning their strategies.
The website BestBlackFriday.com is on top of all the best deals, and here’s a rundown of everything you need to know.
Black Friday started out a one-day event. Now, many stores start their sales of Thanksgiving Day, but others remain closed to make sure employees get to fully enjoy the holiday. Here’s a partial list of major stores that are open on Thanksgiving Day:
- Best Buy Co Inc BBY-open Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- Dicks Sporting Goods Inc DKS-open Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 p.m. Black Friday
- J C Penney Company Inc JCP-open Thanksgiving 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Macy’s Inc M-open Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to either 10 p.m. or 2 a.m. depending on location
- Sears Holdings Corp SHLD-open Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Target Corporation TGT-open Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Toys R Us-open Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Black Friday
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc WMT-open Thanksgiving at 6 p.m.
The full list of all stores open on Thanksgiving can be found here.
Stores Closed On Thanksgiving
Shoppers must wait until Friday to browse the aisles at these popular stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving Day:
- Dillards, Inc. DDS
- Home Depot Inc HD
- Lowe’s Companies, Inc. LOW
- Nordstrom, Inc. JWN
- Costco Wholesale Corporation COST
- Pier 1 Imports Inc PIR
The full list of stores closed on Thanksgiving Day can be found here.
The Best Deals
If you’re looking for the best deals in the market on Black Friday, you’ve got to do your research. Here’s a handful of early deals highlighted by The Verge:
- Costco’s top deals include $50 off for Alphabet Inc GOOGL GOOG Google Home, the Sony Corp (ADR) SNE PS4 console for $189, and the Microsoft Corporation MSFT Xbox One S 500GB Bundle for $219.
- Target’s top deals include 2017 Apple Inc. AAPL iPads for $249, GoPro Inc GPRO Hero 5 for $349 and the second generation Amazon.com, Inc. AMZN Echo for $79.
- Best Buy’s top deals include Sonos Play speakers (1 for $149 or 3 for $249), second generation Amazon Echo for $79 and Samsung 65-in 4K HDR smart TV for $1,297.
- Walmart’s top deals include Google Home Mini for $29, Sharp 55” Class 4K Smart TV for $298 and PS4 and Xbox One games for $29 each.
To browse all the available deals, links to all the major Black Friday sales are included on BestBlackFriday’s website here.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.