News Corp a Delaware corporation, was originally formed on December 11, 2012 as New Newscorp LLC to hold certain businesses of its former parent company, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (formerly named News Corporation) (21st Century Fox), consisting of newspapers, information services and integrated marketing services, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education and sports programming and pay-TV distribution in Australia. The Company is a diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers and businesses. The Company comprises businesses across media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, digital education and pay-TV distribution in Australia, that are distributed under some of the recognizable and respected brands, including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, The Australian, Herald Sun, The Sun, The Times, HarperCollins Publishers, FOX SPORTS Australia, realestate.com.au, realtor.com, Foxtel and many others. The Company operates in United States, Australia and the U.K. The Company's operations are organized into six reporting segments: (i) News and Information Services; (ii) Book Publishing; (iii) Digital Real Estate Services; (iv) Cable Network Programming; (v) Digital Education; and (vi) Other, which includes the Company's general corporate overhead expenses, corporate Strategy and Creative Group and costs related to the U.K. Newspaper Matters. The News and Information Services segment consists of Dow Jones, News Corp Australia (which includes News Ltd and its subsidiaries), News UK (formerly known as News International), the New York Postand News America Marketing. This segment also includes Storyful Ltd. The Company's Book Publishing segment consists of HarperCollins Publishers (together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, HarperCollins). The Digital Real Estate Services segment consists of its 61.6% interest in REA Group Ltd (REA Group), a publicly-traded company on ASX, and its 80% interest in Move, Inc. (Move). The remaining 20% interest in Move is held by REA Group. The Cable Network Programming segment consists of FOX SPORTS Australia. The Digital Education segment consists of Amplify, the brand for its digital education business, which it launched in July 2012.
Benzinga is a fast-growing, dynamic and innovative financial media outlet that empowers investors with high-quality, unique content.