Biotech stocks saw some strength last week. Positive clinical readouts, a couple of M&A deals and hopes of drug companies clinching a broader opioid settlement agreement worked in favor of the sector.
Reata Pharmaceuticals Inc RETA was among the strong performers of the week following a positive Phase 2 readout for its drug to treat Friedreich ataxia.
Here are the key catalysts for the upcoming week.
- United European Gastroenterology Week – Oct. 19-23 in Barcelona, Spain
- The Chest Annual Meeting – Oct. 19-23, in New Orleans, Louisiana
- 21st World Congress on Advances in Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Oct. 21-22 in Melbourne, Australia
- Annual Congress on Vaccine Immunology & HIV/AIDS - Oct. 21-22 in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 12th International Conference on Allergy & Immunology – Oct. 21-22 in Rome, Italy
- Targeted Protein Degradation Summit – Oct. 22-24, in Boston, Massachusetts
- European Society of Gene and Cell Therapy 27th Annual Congress – Oct. 22-25 in Barcelona
- European Heart Congress – Oct. 23-24 in Prague, Czech Republic
- 11th International Conference on Predictive, Preventive and Personalized Medicine & Molecular Diagnostics – Oct. 23-24 in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 23rd European Nephrology Conference – Oct. 23-24 in Rome, Italy
- 15th World Congress on Blood Cancer – Oct. 23-24 in Prague, Czech Republic
- 32nd European Cardiology Conference – Oct. 24-26 in Zurich, Switzerland
The FDA is set to rule on Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd FOMX's NDA for FMX101 in treating inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in patients nine years of age and older.
The regulatory is also expected to issue its verdict on Eton Pharmaceuticals Inc ETON's NDA for ET-202, a ready-to-use injectable formulation of phenylephrine.
Melinta Therapeutics Inc NASDAQ: MLNT) and Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. LGND await FDA decision on a label expansion for Baxdella in community-acquired bacterial pneumonia.
The FDA is scheduled to rule on GlaxoSmithKline plc GSK's sNDA for Zejula in treating advanced ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer patients who have been treated with three or more prior chemotherapy regimens and whose cancer is associated with either BRCA mutation or homologous recombination deficiency.
Clinical Trial Readouts
Protagonist Therapeutics Inc PTGX will present Phase 1 data for PTG-200 in Crohn's disease on Tuesday.
Arvinas Inc ARVN is scheduled to present at the Targeted Protein Degradation Summit initial Phase 1 data on ARV-110 for treating castration-resistant prostate cancer on Wednesday. The company will also present Phase 1 data for ARV-471 in ER+ positive/HER2-negative breast cancer at the summit.
Bellerophon Therapeutics Inc BLPH is due to present Phase 2b additional cohort 1data at the CHEST meeting on Wednesday.
Axovant Gene Therapies Ltd AXGT is scheduled to present Phase 1/2 data for AXO-Lenti-PD in Parkinson's disease and AXO-AAV-GM2 in GM2 gangliosidosis. Both presentations are to be made at the ESGCT annual Congress on Wednesday.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Eli Lilly And Co LLY (before the market open)
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ALXN (before the market open)
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. BMRN (after the close)
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp EW (after the close)
Thursday, Oct. 24
- Baxter International Inc BAX (before the market open)
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp IART (before the market open)
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. WST
- Anika Therapeutics Inc ANIK (after the close)
- ResMed Inc. RMD (after the close)
- Illumina, Inc. ILMN (after the close)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. GILD (after the close)
Phathom Pharmaceuticals, a company working on in-licensed assets for treating gastrointestinal disorders, proposes to offer 7.9 million shares in an IPO, estimated to be priced between $18 and $20. The company seeks to list its shares on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "PHAT."
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.