As of the close of business on Monday, 7/25, we captured the Top 10 Highest Short Interest % stocks within the Energy Sector.
The average short interest for stocks within the Energy sector stands at 2.88%. Therefore, the below stocks are showing a more pessimistic outlook than their peers within the respective sector.
- HOUSTON AMER ENERG HUSA 29.29%
- URANIUM ENERGY COR UEC 20.96%
- ENERGY FUELS INC UUUU 20.79%
- VERTEX ENERGY INC VTNR 19.35%
- KLX ENERGY SERVICE KLXE 16.65%
- VAALCO ENERGY INC EGY 16.33%
- CNX RESOURCES CORP CNX 13.71%
- EARTHSTONE ENERGY ESTE 13.58%
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CHK 13.04%
- CAMBER ENERGY INC CEI 12.95%
Short Interest is the percentage of a stocks' outstanding shares being sold short, which is utilized as a gauge for stock price sentiment. When short interest increases, this is generally considered a negative "bear" market indicator, whereas when short interest decreases, this is generally considered a positive "bull" market indicator.
Disclaimer: The Short Interest Indicator is produced by Tidal Markets, in partnership with Benzinga Insights. The data represented is exclusive to short interest data amalgamated daily by Tidal Markets LLC and its underlying proprietary sources. The information contained herein should not be compared to, contrasted, or evaluated against other short interest data providers. ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY INVESTMENT ADVICE
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.