U.S. stocks closed mostly lower with the Dow Jones dropping more than 150 points on Tuesday. Here is the list of some big stocks moving higher in the previous session.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. AERI shares jumped 36% to close at $15.16. Alcon AG ALC agreed to acquire Aerie Pharmaceuticals for $15.25 per share, valuing Aerie at about $770 million.
- FiscalNote Holdings, Inc. NOTE gained 19.3% to close at $10.32. FiscalNote Holdings recently posted a Q2 loss of $3.06 per share.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. APE gained 17% to close at $7.02.
- Verve Therapeutics, Inc. VERV rose 12.3% to settle at $36.77. Verve Therapeutics announced new preclinical data supporting the nomination of the company's second product candidate, VERVE-201.
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc.PANW climbed 12.1% to settle at $569.51 as the company reported better-than-expected results for its fourth quarter and issued FY23 guidance above estimates. The company’s board also announced a three-for-one stock split.
- Intellia Therapeutics, Inc. NTLA jumped 11.6% to close at $60.56. Intellia Therapeutics will present interim clinical data from ongoing Phase 1/2 study of NTLA-2002 for treatment of hereditary angioedema at 2022 Bradykinin Symposium.
- Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional SID gained 11% to settle at $3.24.
- XP Inc. XP climbed 11% to close at $21.62.
- PagSeguro Digital Ltd. PAGS gained 10.3% to close at $14.01.
- Relay Therapeutics, Inc. RLAY gained 9.6% to settle at $23.01.
- HighPeak Energy, Inc. HPK gained 8.1% to close at $22.75. Shares of energy companies traded higher amid a gain in oil after Saudi Arabia suggested OPEC+ could make output cuts to support prices.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation SIX rose 8.1% to close at $24.41.
- Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. TRQ gained 7.8% to close at $23.32.
- SentinelOne, Inc. S rose 6% to close at $27.78.
- Macy's, Inc. M gained 3.8% to settle at $19.31 after the company reported better-than-expected Q2 EPS and sales results.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.