- Rio Tinto PLC RIO became the first leading miner to suspend trading relations with Russian businesses, Reuters reports.
- Japan's Sony Group SONY and Nintendo Co Ltd NTDOF (NTDOY) also halted deliveries of their gaming consoles.
- Credit Suisse Group AG CS flagged a ~$900 million Russian credit exposure.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co Ltd HTCMF HTCMY looks to stop exports and cease most operations in Russia, whose Western counterparts have already suspended operations.
- Nestle SA NSRGF (NSRGY), Mondelez International Inc MDLZ, Procter & Gamble Co PG, and Unilever PLC UL halted investment in Russia.
- The suspension came just after the major U.S. tech companies ditched their operations in Russia post its Ukraine invasion.
- In three weeks, the war has killed thousands of people, rendered more than two million refugees, wrecked the Russian Rouble, stock markets, and triggered the costs of oil and other commodities.
- Comprehensive Western sanctions have isolated Russia, and the EU looks to phase out buying Russian energy.
- Price Action: RIO shares traded lower by 5.88% at $73.15 in the premarket on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.