- Jefferies analyst Mark Lipacis' analysis of transistor count in CPUs supported his thesis of secular demand for wafer fab equipment.
- CPU die sizes have increased by 5x - 9x for Intel Corp INTC and Apple Inc AAPL over three to five years.
- He views the current risk-reward as "particularly compelling" based on the current 25% discount to the market at which many of these stocks traded.
- Lipacis has a Buy on his preferred semiconductor capital equipment stocks KLA Corp KLAC, Applied Materials Inc AMAT, Lam Research Corp LRCX, ASML Holding NV ASML, and ACM Research Inc ACMR.
- Price Action: ASML shares traded lower by 0.86% at $648.45 in the premarket on the last check Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.