The most oversold stocks in the financial sector presents an opportunity to buy into undervalued companies.
The RSI is a momentum indicator, which compares a stock's strength on days when prices go up to its strength on days when prices go down. When compared to a stock's price action, it can give traders a better sense of how a stock may perform in the short term. An asset is typically considered oversold when the RSI is below 30.
Here’s the latest list of major oversold players in this sector, having an RSI near or below 30.
Greene County Bancorp, Inc. GCBC
- Greene County Bancorp, during October, reported a rise in Q1 earnings. The company’s stock has a 52-week low of $36.09.
- RSI Value: 26.87
- GCBC Price Action: Shares of Greene County Bancorp rose 0.1% to settle at $54.38 on Friday.
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. FSFG
- First Savings Financial, during October, posted a decline in Q4 earnings. The company’s stock has a 52-week low of $19.76.
- RSI Value: 25.62
- FSFG Price Action: Shares of First Savings Financial fell 0.6% to close at $19.79 on Friday and added 1.4% in after-hours trading.
Lion Group Holding Ltd. LGHL
- Lion Group, last month, posted a H1 loss of $0.52 per share. The company’s stock has a 52-week low of $0.60.
- RSI Value: 29.05
- LGHL Price Action: Shares of Lion Group Holding fell 1.3% to close at $0.67 on Friday and added 0.8% in after-hours trading.
Firsthand Technology Value Fund, Inc. SVVC
- Firsthand Technology Value Fund, during November, announced Q3 financial results, reporting NAV of $5.58 per share. The company’s 52-week low is $0.89.
- RSI Value: 25.95
- SVVC Price Action: Shares of Firsthand Technology Value Fund dropped 1.1% to close at $0.92 on Friday.
SHF Holdings, Inc. SHFS
- SHF Holdings, during November, posted Q3 sales of $2.38 million. The company has a 52-week low of $1.46.
- RSI Value: 28.61
- SHFS Price Action: Shares of SHF Holdings fell 5.2% to close at $1.47 on Friday.
Check This Out: Fear & Greed Index Moves To 'Neutral' Zone Following Jobs Data
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: Long IdeasNewsPenny StocksSmall CapPre-Market OutlookMarketsTrading Ideascheapest stocksfinancial stocksoversold stock