- Lockheed Martin Corp LMT is partnering with Israel's Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd to develop high-energy laser weapon systems.
- The weapon system will be based on a technology already developed by Rafael and Ministry of Defense's Directorate of Defense Research and Development (DDR&D) in Israel.
- The technology, called Iron Beam, is a 100kW-class HELWS, expected to be the first-ever operational system for ground-based air defense against threats such as rockets, mortars and UAV's, delivering engagement at the speed of light.
- "This unique capability will enhance Israel's vital air and missile defense system with state-of-the-art laser technology, and we are honored by the opportunity to expand Lockheed Martin's role as a security teammate for the State of Israel," said COO Frank St. John.
- Iron Beam is set to be integrated into Israel's multi-layered air defense array.
- Price Action: LMT shares are trading lower by 0.81% at $492.23 on the last check Monday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.