- Walt Disney Company DIS roped in former Apple Inc's AAPL top gaming official Mark Bozon as a senior creative leader for its cross-divisional Next Generation Storytelling initiative, the Variety reports.
- The initiative encompassed Disney's "metaverse" ambitions.
- On May 20, Bozon tweeted his departure from Apple after 12 years for "an absolute dream job."
- Also Read: Read How Facebook's Metaverse Ambitions Are Shaping Up In Mark Zuckerberg's Words
- Disney's SVP of Next Generation Storytelling & Consumer Experiences, Mike White, appointed Bozon.
- Bozon served as games creative director for Apple's game-subscription service Apple Arcade.
- Bozon will lead the creative vision for the group and will be responsible for innovating and incubating "bold ideas" and serving as a clearinghouse for innovative Next Generation Storytelling concepts.
- Disney had a different take on the metaverse concept, coined by Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc FB.
- Meta chief Mark Zuckerberg defined the metaverse as an online world for individuals to participate in immersive experiences like attending concerts, purchasing digital goods, and communicating via avatars.
- Zuckerberg saw the migration from online social media to a virtual world as the key to winning younger audiences.
- Price Action: DIS shares traded lower by 1.42% at $109.30 in the premarket on the last check Friday.
- Photo via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.