- Barclays analyst Jiong Shao initiated coverage of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd BABA with an Overweight and $275 price target, implying a 68.8% upside.
- The analyst started the China Technology sector with a Positive view saying investors "cannot ignore or not invest" in China since it is the second-largest economy in the world.
- The Chinese government aims to make its home-grown internet and tech companies stronger, not weaker.
- Alibaba is the analyst's top pick. The company offers one of the most compelling valuations in all of Barclay's coverage.
- Shao initiated coverage of Baidu Inc BIDU with an Overweight and $243 price target, indicating a 49.8% upside.
- Baidu is one of the most overlooked major Chinese internet stocks and has successfully expanded its advertising business.
- Shao initiated coverage of Pinduoduo Inc PDD with an Equal Weight and $103 price target, suggesting an 11.6% upside.
- With an overall take rate at 3% or higher currently, PDD will be challenged to make any future improvement in monetization, says the analyst.
- Shao initiated coverage of Sea Ltd SE with an Overweight and $427 price target, implying an 18.6% upside.
- The analyst views Sea as the dominant e-commerce marketplace and online game developer in Southeast Asia.
- Price Action: BABA shares traded higher by 1.08% at $164.66 in the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.