With some Apple Inc. AAPL enthusiasts arguing that the Apple Watch will end up as one of the most successful products of all time, here's a look at the kind of competition the watch is up against, according to 24/7 Wall St.
Below is a list of the 10 best-selling products of all time.
10. Toyota Corolla
Toyota Motor Corp (ADR) TM's Corolla is the best-selling car model in history, selling more than 40 million units since its introduction in 1966.
9. Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
"Thriller" is the best-selling album of all time, selling 70 million copies worldwide.
8. Harry Potter
Related Link: Top 4 NYSE Stocks In The Personal-Products Industry
6. Mario Bros. FranchiseAccording to Nintendo Co., Ltd (ADR) NTDOY, more than 262 million units of the "core" Mario Bros. game have been sold around the world.
5. Rubik's CubeComparably much simpler in construct than many of the other products on this list, the iconic toy that debuted in the 1980s has sold more than 350 million units worldwide.
4. Star WarsAlthough Walt Disney Co DIS now owns Lucasfilm, the rights to the first six Star Wars movies are still owned by Twenty-First Century Fox Inc FOXA. Those six movies, including special editions and re-releases, have grossed a grand total of an inflation-adjusted $4.6 billion worldwide.
Pfizer Inc. PFE's popular cholesterol drug happens to be the top-selling drug of all time, accounting for more than $141 billion in sales for its parent company.
2. PlayStationSony Corp (ADR) SNE's PlayStation gaming console is the best-selling console in history. Since the release of the original PlayStation in 1995, Sony has fended off competition from the likes of Sega, Nintendo and Microsoft Corporation MSFT, managing to sell a whopping 400 million units.
1. iPhoneNobody could have predicted the way that the iPhone would take the world by storm when it launched less than a decade ago. Apple has sold more than half a billion iPhones, and sales numbers continue to grow. Image Credit: Public Domain
Much like the Apple Watch, the iPad had plenty of skeptics when it first debuted. However, Apple has now sold more than 250 million units of the popular tablet.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.