- BMO Capital Markets initiated the coverage on Precision BioSciences Inc DTIL with an Outperform rating and a price target of $7.
- The analyst said the thesis is based on:
- The company's proprietary gene-editing platform, whose mechanism is differentiated in a CRISPR-dominated space, offers several advantages.
- A diversified pipeline.
- Asymmetric risk/reward skewed to the upside.
- The analyst says that Precision's mechanism of action appears safer than competitors. Its smaller size allows for delivery with viral and non-viral systems.
- Also Read: Precision BioSciences Highlights Interim Data From Allogeneic CAR T Programs In Blood Cancer Patients.
- Preclinical data demonstrate a favorable benefit/risk profile.
- The company also entered into a collaboration agreement with Eli Lilly And Co LLY, further validating the platform's potential.
- BMO believes that Precision's platform can deliver competitive clinical data.
- The analyst said, "Precision's valuation currently does not account for the in vivo platform, derisking the platform in the clinic via clean safety and sufficient efficacy in 2023 or beyond can drive more than 100% upside for the stock."
- Price Action: DTIL shares are up 10.90% at $1.28 during the market session on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.