As the world becomes more and more interconnected and countries begin to rely on imports and exports to keep their economies functioning, forex trading has risen up as a popular alternative to stock trading. Forex traders enjoy the freer schedule that comes along with a decentralized currency market, which forgoes the traditional 9-to-5 schedule on which Wall Street operates.
FX trading is nuanced, but it can offer you massive upside and flexibility, but you should take a forex trading course online before risking your hard-earned money. Go beyond the best forex trading books to find an interactive, modern take on the global currency market.
The Best Forex Courses
Based on the criteria above, we made our picks for the best forex courses available on the web at a wide range of price points.
1. How to Find the Strongest Forex Trends by Simpler Trading
Who is it for: Beginner to Advanced Currency Traders
Price: Limited Time Offer
Raghee Horner loves trading the $5 TRILLION Forex market because there’s always a bull market somewhere. And with good reason. Over 3 decades ago Raghee cracked the code for finding the strongest trends. In fact, she’s never had a losing year in her entire career.
How does she consistently catch the strongest trends? With her step-by-step trend following formula and her proprietary tools. They allow her to get in during the earliest stages and extract extraordinary gains like: 165 pips in the AUDUSD ($1,650 per contract), 1000 pips in the AUDJPY ($9,200 per contract), and 284 pips in the EURUSD ($2,840 per contract).
Consistent results like that are almost unheard of. And that’s why Raghee decided to distill her system into a self-paced online training called Forex 101. Now even beginners can discover how to take advantage of these strong trends.
Because of the recent market volatility, there’s been a surge of interest in learning the Forex. So for a limited time Simpler Trading is offering instant access to Raghee’s Forex 101 course recordings (including her proprietary tools) at a special 60% discount.
2. Forex 101 from Benzinga Courses
Who's it for? Beginner to advanced Traders
Price: On Sale
Congrats! You’ve just landed on the most versatile, comprehensive forex trading platform on the market. Whether you’re just beginning to learn about forex trading or know a little bit about it already, Benzinga’s forex trading course can help you learn everything you need to know, from forex pairs, pips and points (the basics) to Fibonacci retracements. What’s a forex course without trade examples? Benzinga’s forex course offers AUD/USD sell trades and everything else in between — short selling, support and resistance levels, forex chart patterns and indicators. Don’t miss out on Benzinga’s forex trading course at a low price for a limited time.
3. Asia Forex Mentor: One Core Program by Ezekiel Chew
Who it’s for: Beginner to Advanced traders
Ezekiel Chew the founder and head of training at Asia Forex Mentor isn’t your typical forex trainer. He is a recognized expert in the forex industry where he is frequently invited to speak at major forex events and trading panels. His insights into the live market are highly sought after by retail traders.
Ezekiel is considered as one of the top forex traders around who actually care about giving back to the community. He makes six figures a trade in his own trading and behind the scenes, Ezekiel trains the traders who work in banks, fund management companies and prop trading firms.
His highly regarded One Core Program is considered as one of the best forex trading courses around. One of the modules that are highly raved is the Road to Millions formula that turned many new traders into full-time traders. It’s a ‘paradigm shift’ Ezekiel says. “Once you get that, you will change the way you look at trading and making money.”
The unique part of his teaching method? There are no slides, no screenshots, no fluffs but real strategies and actual scenarios that work in the live market.
- Students who want new educational pathways
- Freelancers who want to expand their portfolio
- Developing business and software skills
- Split by skill level (beginner, intermediate and advanced)
- Lifetime access to courses
- Thousands of courses available
- Frequent sales can make courses more cost effective
- Official accredited certificates not always offered
- Courses vary in quality and substance
- Can be expensive without the sale price
4. Forex Trading Courses From Udemy
Who’s it for? Beginners and intermediate traders who want a solid foundation
When you want to learn how to trade forex effectively, you can study with Udemy. Udemy is a platform that allows you to study almost anything you like, and there are courses intended just for forex traders.
Start from the beginning so that you can learn how foreign currencies work, how to monitor the markets, which currencies to buy, how to turn a profit and how to invest for the future.
The course you choose should also provide you with free materials that you can use at any time. When you have access to various study materials, you can reference them in the future. Additionally, you may want to try a course that has a forum or accessible instructor. Sometimes, discussing your forex investments in real time is easier than reviewing a syllabus or lecture.
5. Forex Trading Coach by Andrew Mitchem
Who's it for? Beginning to advanced traders
Price: Varies on bundle
The Forex Trading Coach can fast-track your forex trading and help you whether you’re a beginner or not. Andrew Mitchem, a full-time currency trader, investor and forex trading coach, developed a system that has makes forex trading profitable.
Ready to learn? You can get there in 90 days. In fact, Mitchem claims that rookies are better traders — you’re more likely to progress (and profit) faster than someone with years of experience!
The Forex Trading Coach highlights:
- Risk elimination: He shares his “Reward: Risk” strategy, which delivers profitable trades with a small amount of funds on the line.
- Less time trading: This personalized trading method means you can do your daily trading in as little as 30 minutes.
- Your trading identity: You’ll learn more about yourself and your trading strategies and philosophies as you go.
- Training: Your demo account is how you learn not to lose lots of money when you hit the live markets.
- Mindset: Your mindset matters. You learn how to quickly transform into a proper business.
- People who want to improve their trading strategy
- Anyone who wants a better understanding of the market
- Seasoned and brand new traders alike who want to be part of a community
- Free basic membership available
- Community tool for traders
- Free educational material provided for members
- Great for those who are new to trading
- Over 1,000 like-minded community members
- Daily video content for market guidance
- “Herd mentality” of a trading community may tempt users to be less thorough or strategic
6. The Social Traders
Who’s it for? Beginner to Advanced traders
Price: Free or $42 / Month
For traders of all experiences, The Social Traders exists to expertly guide their community through the online markets. Join 1000s of like-minded traders and share your thoughts and opinions FX, Commodity and Cryptocurrency trade setups.
The platform aims to facilitate this impact by:
- 15+ Hour Online Swing Trading Strategy
- 35,000 word expertly written education modules
- 100+ of hours of Trade Recap Videos
- Daily Updated Market Breakdown Videos
- Weekend Extended Market Breakdowns Videos
- 1000s of traders in an online community Workspace.
- Investors who are new to algo trading and want to learn the ropes without losing money in the process.
- Algo traders looking for customizable trading scripts to use in any financial market.
- Scalpers, day traders, swing traders and other higher frequency traders who want access to hundreds of indicators, including automated trading indictors.
- 4 regularly updated, customizable trading strategies that can be adapted to any timeframe or asset.
- Unlimited backtesting, performance monitoring, and strategy development
- Indicators that can be synced to live exchanges to automatically place orders for you.
- Comprehensive master course in automated algorithmic trading
- Tutorials, explainers, and other helpful resources that make algorithmic trading accessible at all skill levels
- Optional VPS alert service so you don’t lose money due to servers being down.
- Trading consulting service to get expert feedback and recommendations on your own trading strategy
- Currently only compatible with TradingView
7. Zen Trading Strategies
Who’s it for? Beginners who want to create their own algorithms
The Zen Trading Strategies Masters Course in Automated Algorithmic Trading provides you with the exact processes, methods, beliefs, tools and automations to create the opportunity for financial and lifestyle freedom. You don’t need any programming knowledge to started.
Zen Trading believes the course will pay for itself exponentially. It shares some of the knowledge applied by some of the most successful traders of all time.
The course outlines how one trader took a $5,000 investment and turned it into more than $10 million. You’ll learn how to create your own profitable algorigthms with its plug-and-play tools, and you can see your trades directly on the Tradingview chart.
The course will show you how to backtest any trading idea and automated every detail of the process. You will be able to automated your trading the same. day.
As an extra special bonus, Zen Trading created an exclusive Masters Course In Automated Algorithmic Trading Telegram group for all of the traders in this program, so you’ll get support throughout your trading journey.
An online course is a great place to start. But which forex courses are worth your time and money? We’ve reviewed some of our favorite online forex courses as well as some tips to help you separate the legit instructors from the scammers.
Characteristics of a Great Forex Course
Though most online forex courses will come along with their own unique teaching method, language choice or “gimmick.” It’s important to know that they simply want to attract their target market, but every professional forex trader course is different. If you need a forex trading course for beginners, there should be valuable tools that help you invest with confidence down the line. The best forex courses, however, all share these three common characteristics:
1. The instructor keeps the material fun and engaging
The best free forex trading course isn’t much good to you if you’re bored, disengaged or confused. Holding a student’s interest is much more difficult for an online instructor to do than an in-person instructor, as online courses must compete for a limited pool of attention with everything from television screens to children running around.
The best online courses use live demonstrations, video recordings, graphs, and other supplemental materials to break up massive walls of text and keep the students engaged. You’re wise to read through forex trading course reviews to learn what students thought of the content. Because everyone is trying to make money and change their life, you will find very honest opinions in the review section.
2. The course is mechanically fully functional
Unlike a textbook, which allows you to flip to the material you need and dive in, online course material requires the instructor to possess a certain level of technical proficiency. No one can teach fx if they don’t have a quality interface, videos, charts, etc. This is especially true when learning forex for beginners—any courses with gaps in the information or presentation could serve to confuse or mislead you.
The best online forex courses keep the material up to date and fresh by ensuring that all links work and video clips play without excessive loading times or constant buffering.
Bonus points can be awarded to the courses that format materials for mobile or offer separate downloads aimed at on-the-go learners.
3. The course appeals to all types of learners
A quality forex course appeals to all types of learners and learning styles. A strict lecture or webinar works best for aural learners. Videos and slideshows appeal to visual learners, and trading simulators allow kinesthetic learners to thrive.
A quality teacher knows how to use all learning styles in a single lecture, weaving instruction from one learning style to the next. Because nobody uses just one learning style, you want to know that the instructor is skilled enough to reach you without having ever met you.
Chat rooms and mentorships cross a range of learning styles, often providing willing resources after the course concludes. Sometimes, you learn the broad strokes of online forex trading in the course only to supplement your learning in the chat room or through a mentorship.
4. The course material is professionally presented
You can tell how much an instructor cares about his or her material by how professional its presentation is.
Keep an eye out for spelling errors, text that’s in an unusual or unreadable font, poor design choices, and material that seems to proceed in an illogical order, as these are all signs that the instructor has not thoroughly proofread his or her material. Remember, the best forex traders are not always good teachers. Choose a course and forex mentor with care.
If the instructor can’t be bothered to care about the course’s content, how can he or she expect his or her students to? Whether you pay for online trading classes or access them for free, professional presentation gives you confidence that the information you see and hear is correct and actionable.
Learn About Forex Trading Today
More so than any other market, the forex trading sphere is dynamic and changing on an hour-to-hour basis. Is forex trading worth it? Yes, it can be the most fulfilling and active trading experience you’ll have. When you learn forex step by step with these courses, you can begin to experience financial freedom.
The best forex trading courses don’t just teach you the technicalities of how to operate the platform and choose which currencies are worth investing in—they also offer you information and reliable, unbiased sources for the news you need to understand why the global economy is moving the way it is.
A single corporate decision, new tax policy, or election in any country can affect what your money is worth. Looking to learn more about the forex market before you commit to an online course?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All courses teach different levels of traders on improving their Forex skills.
Forex is not more difficult than other trading areas, but you must know the risks, behavior and market conditions.
Master the art of trading with Benzinga’s signature course, “How to Trade Stocks.” Learn how to read charts and make winning trades in the market through simple, actionable strategies.
You’ll learn from the following modules:
- Why Trade?
- Picking a Broker
- Trading Strategies
- Price Studies
- Technicals and Indicators
- Developing a Schedule and a Plan
- Trading Psychology
Get Benzinga’s actionable stock trading advice for only $47 and see your income skyrocket!