The Global Cannabis Stock Index fell for the fourth straight month, dropping 4.1% to 57.10.
During the second quarter, the index was down 8.7%.
After gaining 5.2% in 2020 when it ended at 44.39, the index is up 28.6% in 2021 and has gained 94.2% over the past year.
The index dropped 38.3% from its 2021 closing high of 92.48 on February 10.
In addition, it had 46 qualifying members during the month, following the quarterly rebalancing at the end of March as well as Aphria’s merger with Tilray TLRY and Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC’s JAZZ acquisition of GW Pharma GWPH in May.
The four strongest names in June are:
- Agrify AGFY gained 27% over the past month and is up 19% since its initial public offering of some 5.4 million shares of its common stock at $10 per share in January.
- KushCo Holdings KSHB gained 17.7% over the same period and is up 41% year-to-date ahead of its merger with Greenlane GNLN, which is expected to finalize either late in the second quarter or early in the third quarter of 2021.
- RIV Capital RIV CNPOF gained 15.7% in June and 86% in 2021.
- India Globalization Capital IGC gained 15.5% over the past month and is up 5% year-to-date.
The four weakest names in June are:
- Goodness Growth GDNS GDNSF, which decreased by 25.3% in June even though it gained 24% in 2021.
- Charlotte’s Web CWEB CWBHF dropped by 25.2% over the past month but gained 8% year-to-date
- Columbia Care CCHW CCHW CCHWF declined 23.2% over the past month and was 23% in 2021.
- HEXO Corp HEXO HEXO was down by 20.9% in June and up 58% year-to-date.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.