- Deutsche Telekom AG DTEGY reiterated plans to build its stake in T-Mobile US, Inc TMUS, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- Deutsche Telekom acknowledged nearing the majority ownership of T-Mobile U.S. by customers.
- Deutsche Telekom disclosed a 48.4% stake in T-Mobile U.S. with majority voting power in the U.S. wireless carrier.
- Earlier this year, Deutsche Telekom paid $2.4 billion to SoftBank Group Corp SFTBY to increase its stake in T-Mobile U.S. to 48.4%.
- Deutsche Telekom raised its guidance for the second time this year, citing in part the performance of T-Mobile.
- T-Mobile U.S. reported gains in wireless postpaid phone customers, slightly falling short of rival AT&T Inc T. However, both outperformed Verizon Communications Inc VZ, which has the country's most extensive wireless subscriber base.
- T-Mobile's business in the U.S. accounted for about two-thirds of Deutsche Telekom's net revenue in Q2.
- Price Action: TMUS shares closed lower by 0.85% at $143.61 on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.