- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd's TAK Phase 3 PhALLCON trial of Iclusig (ponatinib) met its primary endpoint in newly-diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) patients.
- The study demonstrated that Iclusig plus reduced-intensity chemotherapy achieved higher rates of minimal residual disease (MRD)-complete negative remission (CR) compared to imatinib.
- In the trial, no new safety signals were observed.
- Related: Takeda Seeks FDA Approval For Hereditary Angioedema Treatment For Younger Kids.
- In September, Puma Biotechnology Inc PBYI announced an agreement to license the worldwide research and development and commercial rights to Takeda's alisertib for cancer indications.
- Alisertib has been tested in metastatic cancers, including breast cancer, small cell lung cancer, head and neck cancer, ovarian cancer, peripheral T cell lymphoma, and acute myeloid leukemia.
- Price Action: TAK shares are up 1.13% at $13.93 on the last check Thursday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.