- AstraZeneca Plc AZN reported topline data from the DESTINY-Breast02 phase 3 trial of Enhertu (trastuzumab deruxtecan).
- The trial evaluated Enhertu versus (trastuzumab/capecitabine or lapatinib/capecitabine) in HER2 positive unresectable and/or metastatic breast cancer previously treated with T-DM1.
- The trial met the primary endpoint, demonstrating a statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in progression-free survival (PFS). The trial also met the key secondary endpoint of improved overall survival.
- Related: Daiichi-AstraZeneca's Flagship Cancer Drug Scores FDA Approval For Lung Cancer Harboring HER2 Mutation.
- ENnhertu is a HER2-directed antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) jointly developed and commercialized by Daiichi Sankyo DSKNY and AstraZeneca.
- The safety profile of Enhertu was consistent with previous phase 3 clinical trials, with no new safety concerns identified. Interstitial lung disease (ILD) rates and severity were consistent observed in other metastatic breast cancer trials of Enhertu.
- The data will be presented at an upcoming medical meeting.
- Price Action: AZN shares are up 0.44% at $66.93 during the premarket session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.