- The European Medicine Agency has approved AstraZeneca plc's AZN COVID-19 vaccine, Vaxzevria, as a third-dose booster in adults following a committee endorsement last week.
- The vaccine can now be used as a booster following the two-dose Vaxzevria schedule or by those whom an mRNA vaccine has previously vaccinated, such as the ones from Pfizer Inc PFE / BioNTech SE BNTX or Moderna Inc MRNA.
- Also Read: AstraZeneca In-Licenses New Suite Of COVID-19 Antibody Candidate(s).
- "Ensuring a longer duration of immune protection is essential to the long-term management of COVID-19 globally, and boosters can address the waning of protection over time that has been seen with all primary vaccine schedules to date," commented Mene Pangalos, executive vice president of biopharmaceuticals R&D at AstraZeneca
- Price Action: AZN shares are up 0.63% at $66.63 during the premarket session on the last check Monday.
- Photo by Paul McManus from Pixabay
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.