- Novartis AG NVS will suspend capital investments, media advertising, and other promotional activities in Russia but remain committed to providing access to its medicine there.
- "Novartis condemns the war in Ukraine," it said in a statement, adding that "while we remain committed to providing access to our medicine in Russia, we responsibly pause the initiation of new clinical trials and the enrolment of new study participants in existing trials."
- The move by Novartis follows similar steps by other drugmakers following sanctions against Moscow for its invasion of Ukraine.
- Related: Pfizer To Stop New Clinical Trials In Russia: Reuters.
- Novartis has delivered more than 600 thousand packs of antibiotics, painkillers, cardio-vascular, and oncology treatments to maintain supply to those who rely on these drugs in Ukraine and the border areas where people seek refuge.
- The Company has also made an initial $3 million donation to charities supporting refugees and displaced people in Ukraine and bordering countries.
- Price Action: NVS shares are down 1.16% at $85.08 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.