- Novartis AG NVS is getting a massive influx of cash from selling its 20-year stake in Roche Holdings AG RHHBY, triggering speculation about where the Company will spend the money.
- Another significant acquisition could be next. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc ALNY is a prime potential buyout target for Novartis, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
- Alnylam is the developer of the RNA interference (RNAi) technology behind Novartis' newly acquired cholesterol drug Leqvio (inclisiran).
- The revelation follows Novo Nordisk A/S's NVO announcement that it is shelling out $3.3 billion to purchase clinical-stage RNAi biotech Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Inc DRNA.
- The report added that Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc VRTX, Intellia Therapeutics Inc NTLA, Biogen Inc BIIB, Incyte Corp INCY, and BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc BMRN are among a range of other companies seen as potential targets.
- Also Read: Novartis Mulls Strategic Options For Sandoz, Reaffirms FY21 Outlook.
- Price Action: ALNY shares are up 4.60% at $180.68 during the market session on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.