- The FDA said it would review Pfizer Inc PFE / BioNTech SE's BNTX request to authorize COVID-19 booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine in all adults "as expeditiously as possible," with the New York Times reporting that the nod could come as soon as Thursday.
- The agency said it does not plan to hold a meeting of the outside experts on Pfizer's request.
- Related Link: Do You Need A COVID-19 Booster Dose? Pfizer-BioNTech Submit Initial Data To Support Idea.
- The decision from the FDA will likely come before a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advisory panel meets on Friday to discuss expanding the eligibility for booster doses of Pfizer/BioNTech's vaccine.
- Related: FDA Approves Vaccine Booster Dose Of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines For Small, Vulnerable Group.
- If both the FDA and the CDC sign off this week, any adult who received a second dose of the vaccine at least six months earlier would be officially eligible to get a booster as soon as this weekend.
- Price Action: PFE shares are up 0.85% at $50.02, BNTX stock is up at 3.66% at $267.21 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.