- Citi group has initiated coverage on GSK plc's GSK consumer healthcare spin-off Haleon Plc HLN with a Buy rating and a price target of 360p.
- "We see the company as the best vehicle to play the secular attractions of Consumer Health, facilitated by Haleon's scale and its exposure to staples segments where it can more easily outperform," the analysts write.
- Related: GSK Completes Spin-Off Of Its Consumer Healthcare Business.
- Coupled with strategic optionality offering a floor to valuation, we believe the stock offers the best of both worlds: Consumer Health "defendability" and staples ability to outgrow, says Citi analysts.
- Citi sees Haleon as a Consumer Health vehicle built for scale in OTC (pain, respiratory, digestive) and "staples" categories, Vitamins, and oral care.
- Analysts believe 84% of revenues have a high level of barriers to entry, rewarding such scale to benefit from secular growth drivers.
- Citi says Haleon's cost structure suggests the group is well invested with no over-earning.
- Price Action: HLN shares are down 1.39% at $7.45 during the market session on the last check Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.