- As per reports, Renault SA RNLSY RNSDF would transfer a 28% stake it owns in Nissan Motor to a trust to match Nissan Motor Co Ltd's NSANF NSANY stake.
- Ongoing talks between Renault and Nissan about their alliance could prompt the biggest reset in the tie-up since the 2018 arrest of Carlos Ghosn.
- Renault would transfer a 28% stake it owns in Nissan to a trust and would be left with a 15% stake, equivalent to what Nissan owns, Reuters reported citing the Nikkei newspaper.
- Renault, which currently owns 43% of Nissan, would give up voting rights tied to the transferred shares, the newspaper added.
- Interestingly, Renault is considering transforming its business next year with a keen focus on electrification. The French automaker plans a separate vertical for electric vehicles based in France by next year with potential employment of 10,000 personnel.
- Earlier this month, Nissan Motor and Renault reported discussions on revamping their alliance focused on competitiveness as equal partners and getting value from their investment in electric cars.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.