- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's WBA Q3 FY22 sales decreased 4.2% Y/Y to $32.6 billion, down 2.8% on a constant currency basis, beating the consensus of $32.06 billion.
- Adjusted EPS reached $0.96, beating the consensus of $0.92, down 28.9% on a constant currency basis against 93.6% growth a year ago that reflected peak COVID-19 vaccine volumes.
- The drugstore chain administered 4.7 million COVID vaccines and 3.9 million tests in the third quarter.
- U.S. Retail comparable sales grew 2.4%, excluding tobacco, and Boots UK retail comparable sales grew 24%, with market share gains across all major categories
- During the quarter, the company launched a clinical trials business, sold 6 million shares of AmerisourceBergen Corp ABC, with proceeds of $900 million, and completed Boots strategic review, deciding to retain the business.
- Adjusted operating income reached $1 billion, a decrease of 33.5%.
- Net earnings decreased 73.8% to $289 million, reflecting the opioid settlement with the State of Florida, a decrease in U.S. pharmacy operating results as it lapped the prior year's peak COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $1.6 billion in Q3, and free cash flow was $1.3 billion.
- Guidance: Walgreens Boots Alliance maintains FY22 adjusted EPS guidance of low-single-digit growth.
- Price Action: WBA shares are down 2.23% at $39.96 during the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.