- Cigna Corp CI reports Q1 total revenues of $44.12 billion, +7.6% Y/Y, ahead of the consensus of $43.41 billion.
- Cigna brought in $1.18 billion in earnings, up from $1.16 billion a year ago.
- Q1 adjusted EPS reached $6.01 compared with $4.73 a year ago, beating the consensus of $5.18.
- By the end of 2021, Cigna boasted 107.4 million pharmacy benefit customers, a gain of 6.4 million over the year. Medical membership reached 17.78 million, up from 16.67 million a year ago.
- At its Evernorth subsidiary, revenues were up 10% Y/Y reaching $33.58 billion, reflecting organic growth in specialty pharmacy services.
- Revenues were up 3% at its health plan, reaching $11.39 billion.
- Guidance: For FY22, Cigna expects EPS of at least $22.60 (consensus of $22.49), up from prior guidance of at least $22.40
- It reaffirms FY22 revenues of at least $177 billion.
- For FY22, the Company expects total Medical Customer Growth (lives) of at least 725,000, up from the 575,000 anticipated earlier.
- Price Action: CI shares closed at $252.08 on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.