- U.S. revenue increased 77% to $$75.6 million, and revenue outside of the U.S. was $2.8 million, a decrease of 13%.
- The gross margin increased to 85.8% from 84.4% a year ago.
- Activated 81 new centers in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2021, bringing the total to 684 U.S. medical centers implanting Inspire therapy.
- "The recent surge in the COVID-19 pandemic driven by the Omicron variant impacted our business in late 2021 and into early 2022 having caused the postponement of procedures in certain of our sales regions. We anticipate that COVID cases caused by the Omicron variant will decline in the U.S. and in Europe, reducing this impact on our business," noted CEO Tim Herbert.
- Net loss came in at $(0.09) per share, up from $(0.28) a year ago, compared to the consensus of $(0.44).
- It held cash and equivalents of $224.4 million.
- FY 2022 Guidance: Inspire Medical expects FY22 sales of $318 million - $326 million, up 36% - 40% Y/Y, compared to the consensus of $312.74 million.
- It expects a gross margin of 85% - 86%. During each quarter of 2022, the company expects to activate 52 to 56 new U.S. medical centers implanting Inspire therapy and add 11 to 12 new territories.
- Price Action: INSP shares closed higher by 3.32% at $233.71 on Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.