- Needham analyst Laura Martin maintained Magnite, Inc MGNI with a Buy and cut the price target from $25 to $13 (51% upside).
- Macro upside value drivers include an economic recovery and rapidly growing digital and programmatic ad revenues in 2022.
- Martin listed the reasons behind MGNI being her favorite.
- Firstly, MGNI included video and CTV having the highest pay-outs to MGNI, and the SpotX acquisition supercharges CTV and video revenue growth.
- Secondly, MGNI got paid based on a percentage of total ad spending, and experts projected rapid U.S. programmatic ad growth in 2022.
- Thirdly, COVID-19 accelerated consumers' digital viewing and ad units into closer time frames, thereby increasing MGNI's TAM.
- She believed the upside value drivers suggest consensus estimates were too low for 2022.
- Martin cut the 2Q22 and FY22 revenue and earnings estimates for MGNI to account for soft ad spending in the EU beginning in 1Q22, which has spilled over into the U.S. in 2Q22.
- Additionally, she heard from other AdTech companies that digital ad spending weakened as 2Q22 progressed.
- For now, she maintained her 3Q22 and 4Q22 estimates.
- She believed connected TV (CTV) ad growth was a critical exception to ad softness during 2Q22.
- She saw CTV represent over 40% of MGNI's total net revs in 2Q22 and will grow at 30%-40% Y/Y.
- Looking out to FY22 and FY23, she believed MGNI is the primary beneficiary of Netflix, Inc NFLX and Walt Disney Co DIS Disney+ adding ad-driven streaming tiers.
- MGNI has more representation of premium publishers than any other AdTech competitor, making it the most likely choice, Martin added.
- Price Action: MGNI shares traded lower by 9.43% at $8.59 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.