Market Overview

Renowned Statistician Says Hillary Clinton Will Win The Election

Share:
Renowned Statistician Says Hillary Clinton Will Win The Election

Renowned statistician Nate Silver predicts Hillary Clinton has 80.3 percent chance to become the American president this fall, while Republican nominee Donald Trump has 19.7 percent chance to win the general election.

The forecast is available on Silver's data-journalism website FiveThirtyEight.

Earlier, speaking on ABC's Good Morning America, Silver said, "We're at halftime of the election right now."

Related Link: Hillary Clinton Sides With Apple On Smartphone "Back Door" Issue

"She's taking a seven-point, maybe a 10-point lead into halftime."

"There's a lot of football left to be played," he continued. "She's ahead in almost every poll, every swing state, every national poll."

However, Silver added that "both candidates have a lot of room to grow."

Historically, the last candidate to blow a lead as large as the one Clinton currently holds was former Democratic Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis in 1988.

"Trump has never been ahead of Clinton in the general election campaign," Silver said. "He did a great job of appealing to the 40 percent of the GOP he had to win the election, the primary — a lot different than winning 51 percent of 100 percent."

Silver called 49 out of 50 states correctly in the 2008 election and got all 50 states correct in the 2012 election.

Posted-In: 2016 presidential election Donald Trump FiveThirtyEight Hillary Clinton Michael DukakisPolitics Media General Best of Benzinga

 

Related Articles (SPY)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!