- Shares of Casino operators, including Melco Resorts & Entertainment Ltd MLCO, Wynn Resorts Limited WYNN, Las Vegas Sands Corp LVS, and MGM Resorts International MGM rose after China's e-visa system for Macao travel.
- China's immigration bureau has permitted mainland residents to travel to Macao from November 1, 2022, using an online visa system rather than in-person applications, CNBC reported.
- The move is expected to boost tourism travel in the world's largest gambling hub.
- In-person applications have been required for the past two and a half years due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
- The report cited a notice posted on the Chinese government's official WeChat account that the bureau would "launch exit-entry management policies and measures to promote economic and social development."
- The latest development comes in the wake of the Macao government's reinstatement of curbs due to a resurgence in COVID-19 infection.
- Price Action: MLCO shares are trading higher by 1.79% at $5.42 on the last check Monday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.