- Sanofi SA SNY discontinued the development of its oral SERD amcenestrant following a negative interim analysis of the AMEERA-5 trial in front-line ER+ metastatic breast cancer in combination with Pfizer Inc's PFE Ibrance.
- The analyst lowered the price target to $52 and maintained the Outperform rating.
- Related content: Sanofi Ends Development Of Breast Cancer Drug Amcenestrant After Trial Failure.
- SVB previously expected a 2025 launch for amcenestrant and estimated €1.6 billion 2030E sales. Removing amcenestrant did not change 2022-2023E revenue and EPS estimates.
- Though 2025-2031E revenue estimates decreased by 0-3%, EPS estimates decreased by 1-7%.
- The analyst says that after the recent partial clinical hold of tolebrutinib for multiple sclerosis due to liver tox risks, the amcenestrant discontinuation is negative for sentiment for the company's R&D productivity and topline growth prospects.
- Price Action: SNY shares are down 7.10% at $41.63 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.