- Pfizer Inc PFE and BioNTech SE BNTX have filed a complaint with the U.S. District Court in Massachusetts, seeking a judgment that they did not infringe patents related to the COVID-19 vaccine held by CureVac N.V. CVAC.
- CureVac, earlier this month, filed a lawsuit in Germany against BioNTech over its use of mRNA technology.
- Related: CureVac Files COVID-19 Vaccine Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against BioNTech.
- It did not rule out further legal action against BioNTech's partner Pfizer.
- BioNTech said that CureVac's U.S. patents, which BioNTech claims not to violate, were equivalent to German patents invoked by CureVac in the German court case, Reuters reported.
- CureVac said that it was aware of BioNTech's legal action but had not yet been formally served.
- "We will review the matter legally in detail and represent our position accordingly," it added.
- Price Action: CVAC shares are down 0.37% at $13.42, and BNTX stock is down 1.52% at $159.91 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
- Photo by x3 from Pixabay
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.