- Washington has reached a $518 million settlement with drug distributors McKesson Corporation MCK, AmerisourceBergen Corp ABC, and Cardinal Health Inc CAH to resolve opioid-related claims.
- Washington opted out of a $26 billion nationwide opioid settlement involving the three drug distributors and Johnson & Johnson JNJ.
- Reuters writes that it would have received up to $417.9 million from McKesson, Cardinal Health, and AmerisourceBergen under that settlement finalized in February.
- Also Read: JNJ, McKesson, Endo Settle $275M Opioid Claims With Alabama: Reuters.
- The state had accused the drug distributors of failing to prevent prescription pills from being diverted for illegal use. It had sought $38.2 billion to fund treatment.
- Photo by Diamond Rehab Thailand via Pixaby
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.