Lineage Cell Therapeutics Inc LCTX has entered into an exclusive worldwide collaboration and license agreement with Roche Holdings AG's RHHBY Genentech to develop and commercialize retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) cell therapy.
- Genentech will assume responsibility for further clinical development and commercialization of Lineage's OpRegen program.
- OpRegen is currently in a Phase 1/2a study in patients with advanced dry age-related macular degeneration with geographic atrophy.
- Related Link: Lineage Cell's Dry AMD Gene Therapy Demonstrate Functional, Anatomical Improvements.
- Under the terms of the collaboration agreement, Lineage will complete activities related to the ongoing clinical study, complete enrollment, and perform certain manufacturing activities.
- Genentech will pay Lineage a $50 million upfront payment, and Lineage is eligible to receive up to $620 million in milestone payments and tiered double-digit royalties.
- Price Action: LCTX shares are up 13.7% at $2.41 during the premarket session on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.