- Cyclerion Therapeutics Inc CYCN has entered into an exclusive, global license agreement with Akebia Therapeutics Inc AKBA for the development and commercialization of praliciguat.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Akebia will be solely responsible for the research, development, and commercialization of praliciguat globally.
- Cyclerion is eligible to receive up to $225 million in pre-commercial milestones, including up to $15 million in the first 18 months.
- Total potential future milestone payments could result in up to $585M.
- Cyclerion is also eligible to receive tiered, sales-based royalties ranging from single-digit to high-teen percentages.
- Separately, Cyclerion has announced a private placement of approximately $18 million to a consortium of investors.
- The Company will sell around 5.7 million shares at $3.12 per share.
- "This capital, coupled with the praliciguat out-license announced today, reinforces our strategic focus in CNS and will accelerate the advancement of clinical studies for CY6463 and the further development of our next generation molecule, CY3018," said Peter Hecht, CEO.
- Price Action: CYCN stock is up 4.02% at $3.36, and AKBA shares up 0.45% at $3.35 during the market session on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.