- Insmed Incorporated (NASDAQ: INSM) has announced topline results from the Phase 1 study evaluating treprostinil palmitil inhalation powder (TPIP) in healthy volunteers. The company plans to present complete data from this study at an upcoming medical meeting.
- The study's data demonstrated that TPIP was generally safe and well-tolerated, with a favorable pharmacokinetic profile that supports once-daily dosing.
- The most common adverse events across all cohorts in the study were cough, dizziness, headache, and nausea. Subjects in the multiple-dose panel that incorporated an up-titration approach beginning at 112.5 µg once-daily and progressing to 225 µg once-daily reported fewer AEs than the panel dosed with 225 µg once-daily from the first dose.
- Overall pharmacokinetic results demonstrated that treprostinil exposure was dose-proportional. Treprostinil was detected in the plasma at 24 hours at all doses and throughout the 48-hour sampling period for the two highest doses.
- Insmed plans to advance the development of TPIP with two studies in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH):
- The first is an open-label, proof-of-mechanism study to understand the impact of TPIP on pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) over 24 hours. Topline data expected in the second half of 2021.
- The second study aims to investigate the effect of TPIP on PVR and 6-minute walk distance over a 16-week treatment period using an up-titration, once-daily dosing schedule. The study will start by the end of this year.
- Insmed will host a conference call today, beginning at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Price Action: INSM stock closed 5.3% lower at $40.40 on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.