The Dow Jones jumped more than 350 points on Tuesday. When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Precigen, Inc. PGEN Director Randal J Kirk bought a total of 11,428,571 shares at an average price of $1.75. To acquire these shares, it cost around $20 million .
- What’s Happening: Precigen recently announced a proposed $75 million public offering of common stock.
- What Precigen Does: Precigen Inc is a biotechnology company that develops synthetic biology solutions.
- The Trade: Yellow Corporation YELL Director Chris T Sultemeier acquired a total 66,594 shares at an average price of $4.25. The insider spent around $123.28 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Yellow Corporation is expected to report Q4 results on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023.
- What Yellow Does: Yellow Corp is engaged in offering transportation services. It has a comprehensive less-than-truckload (LTL) networks in North America with local, regional, national, and international capabilities.
Check This Out: Meta Platforms To Report Earnings After Closing Bell, Here's A Look At Recent Price Target Changes By The Most Accurate Analysts
- The Trade: GeneDx Holdings Corp. WGS 10% owner Opko Health Inc acquired a total of 14,285,714 shares at an average price of $0.35. To acquire these shares, it cost around $5 million.
- What’s Happening: GeneDx Holdings recently priced its public offering of 428,571,429 shares of common stock at $0.35 per share.
- What GeneDx Holdings Does: Sema4 Holdings Corp is a patient-centered health intelligence company dedicated to advancing healthcare through data-driven insights.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here
- The Trade: Jasper Therapeutics, Inc. JSPR 10% owner Carlyle Genesis UK LLC acquired a total of 3,133,333 shares at an average price of $1.50. The insider spent $4.7 million to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Jasper Therapeutics recently priced its 60 million share offering at $1.50 per share.
- What Jasper Therapeutics Does: Jasper Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to enabling cures through hematopoietic stem cell therapy.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: Long IdeasNewsPenny StocksSmall CapInsider TradesPre-Market OutlookMarketsTrading IdeasPenny Stocks Insider Buying