Although US stocks closed lower on Friday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
Dave & Buster's Entertainment
- The Trade: Dave & Buster's Entertainment, Inc. PLAY 10% owner Scott Ross acquired a total of 214,588 shares an average price of $34.93. To acquire these shares, it cost around $7.5 million.
- What’s Happening: Dave & Buster's, last month, posted in-line quarterly earnings.
- What Dave & Buster's Entertainment Does: Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc owns and operates nearly a hundred entertainment and dining establishments in the United States where customers can eat, drink, play games, and watch televised sports.
- The Trade: The Howard Hughes Corporation HHC Director William Ackman acquired a total of 6,154 shares at an average price of $74.66. To acquire these shares, it cost around $459.48 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Howard Hughes, during November, reported downbeat quarterly results.
- What Howard Hughes Does: The Howard Hughes Corp is a real estate company that develops master-planned communities (MPCs) and is involved in other strategic real estate development opportunities across the United States.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here
Check This Out: Investor Fear Eases Slightly On Last Trading Day Of 2022
B. Riley Financial
- The Trade: B. Riley Financial, Inc. RILY Chairman and Co-CEO Bryant R Riley bought a total of 26,564 shares at an average price of $33.24. To acquire these shares, it cost around $883.11 thousand.
- What’s Happening: B. Riley Financial recently said it expects fourth-quarter FY2022 operating adjusted EBITDA of $90 million - $100 million.
- What B. Riley Financial Does: B. Riley Financial Inc is a diversified financial services company.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.