Although US stocks closed mixed on Wednesday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: The Children's Place, Inc. PLCE Director John Bachman acquired a total of 1,500 shares at an average price of $38.50. To acquire these shares, it cost around $57.75 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted downbeat Q1 results.
- What Children's Place Does: Children's Place Inc is a specialty retailer that sells accessories, footwear, and other items for children. The company has over a thousand stores in North America and also sells through its website and wholesale.
Sound Financial Bancorp
- The Trade: Sound Financial Bancorp, Inc. SFBC 10% owner Stilwell Partners LP acquired a total of 23,536 shares at an average price of $36.03. To acquire these shares, it cost around $847.95 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company’s stock has lost around 18% since the start of the year.
- What Sound Financial Bancorp Does: Sound Financial Bancorp Inc operates as the holding company for Sound Community Bank that provides traditional banking and other financial services for individuals and businesses.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: SecureWorks Corp. SCWX 10% owner Neil Gagnon bought a total of 43,274 shares at an average price of $11.18. To acquire these shares, it cost around $483.61 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted upbeat quarterly results.
- What SecureWorks Does: SecureWorks Corp is a provider of intelligence-driven information security solutions exclusively focused on protecting its clients from cyber-attacks. Its solutions enable organizations to fortify their cyber defenses to prevent security breaches.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.