The agreement will help advance workplace safety in America
ARLINGTON, Va. (PRWEB) June 22, 2018
The International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) entered into a formal agreement June 21 that will help advance workplace safety in America.
OSHA Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor Loren Sweatt and ISEA President Charles Johnson signed a two-year OSHA Alliance agreement, committing ISEA to help raise awareness about OSHA's rulemaking and enforcement initiatives, while OSHA will help the Association educate workers and employers about personal protective equipment.
"ISEA welcomes this opportunity to collaborate with OSHA in developing and sharing information, as well as promoting dialogue with and among private industry stakeholders," said Johnson. "Making America's workers and workplaces even safer requires both the right equipment and the right rules that regulate its use."
Specifically, ISEA agreed to:
- Share information on OSHA's National Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
- Share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on issues related to personal protective equipment to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
OSHA agreed to:
- Share information on the proper selection, use, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment and personal safety equipment, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and ISEA's websites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding developments in national consensus standards for personal protective equipment and personal safety equipment through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA or ISEA conferences, local meetings, or other regional events.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) is the trade association in the U.S. for personal protective equipment and technologies. Its member companies are world leaders in the design, manufacture, testing and distribution of protective clothing and equipment used in factories, construction sites, hospitals and clinics, farms, schools, laboratories, emergency response and in the home. Since 1933, ISEA has set the standard for the personal protective equipment industry, supporting member companies united in the goal of protecting the health and safety of people worldwide.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/06/prweb15584208.htm
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.