Refurbishments to Former Ocean Beach International Hostel Include New Privacy Pods, Furniture, Amenities and Other Upgrades
San Diego, Calif. (PRWEB) June 25, 2015
USA Hostels, Inc. today announced the opening of USA Hostels Ocean Beach in San Diego. Formerly Ocean Beach International Hostel, USA Hostels took ownership of the property in Sept. 2014 and has been focused on restoring it in time for the busy summer travel season. Upgrades to the 100-bed hostel include the company's signature "privacy pods," dorm and private room makeovers, new patio and lounge furniture, and new amenities and perks such as free use of iPads.
Opened in 1900, the iconic Ocean Beach landmark building (formerly the Pearl Hotel and Newport Hotel) remains a beloved centerpiece cherished by Ocean Beach residents and a main place for young visitors and off-the-beaten-path travelers to enjoy southern California's endless summer year-round. USA Hostels preserved the building's famous stained glass peace sign and iconic paint job out of respect for the property's rich and fascinating history as part of the Ocean Beach community.
"Ocean Beach is a cool, hip and laid back beach town and it was important for us to pay homage to the culture and spirit of the community, the Pacific Ocean, and the relaxed California lifestyle," said David Reuter, President of USA Hostels, Inc. "We are excited to reintroduce this beautifully restored property and to be part of Ocean Beach's revitalization efforts, joining other new restaurants, breweries and retail establishments that have opened and continue to open."
The upgrades to USA Hostels Ocean Beach preserve the building's historic elements and incorporate the 70's-era spirit and throw-back groovy vibe of vintage southern California, immortalized in Beach Boys songs, movies such as "Almost Famous," and other popular culture. The improvements include:
- A whole new look to the dorms, including new flooring, fresh colors and new lockers.
- The installation of USA Hostels signature and exclusive "privacy pods," available only at USA Hostel properties. The pods feature a reading light, shelf and both standard and USB power outlets, offering guests a bit of "alone time" from roommates, convenience and increased comfort. The pods also come with new pillow top mattresses, new bed linens, fluffy pillows and soft duvets.
- Two redesigned en suite private rooms, one with a queen bed and one with bunk beds, flat screen cable TVs, mp3 players, new furnishings and a humorous beach-themed décor, with blues and greens reminiscent of the Pacific Ocean.
- Hostel décor will include playful scenes that depict hapless swimmers at the mercy of sharks, 3-D fish and other sea creatures.
- All new outdoor patio furniture for sunning and dining as well as in the laid-back lounge area, affectionately called "The Den," with a comfortable sofa sectional, large screen TV, foosball table, and numerous board games.
In addition to the physical upgrades, USA Hostels Ocean Beach also offers transportation at no cost to top San Diego attractions including SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and La Jolla Cove as well as to its sister hostel in the Gaslamp district in downtown San Diego. They are also offering a variety of new activities and tours to their guests.
USA Hostels Ocean Beach offers accommodations priced for all budgets, including four- and six-bed en suite and shared bath dorms, eight-bed shared bath dorms, and en suite private rooms. Guests will enjoy:
- Complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit and fruit juice, a variety of baked goods, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, coffee and a variety of teas.
- Free WiFi and use of tablets, in-room lockers with power points and washing powder for the onsite laundry.
- Use of beach towels and mats, umbrellas, chairs and beach and board games as well as a variety of musical instruments including guitars, bongos and tambourines, for use at no charge during their stay.
- The most activities offered by any hostel in the San Diego area such as barbeques, walking tours and lounge parties.
- Discounted surfboard and body board rentals, surfing lessons and wet suits plus discounted tickets to nearby attractions such as the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
- Complimentary shuttle service – not available at any other hostel in San Diego – to and from the airport as well as to SeaWorld, Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, and the USA Hostels San Diego Downtown location.
USA Hostels Ocean Beach is taking reservations for summer and beyond, with rates starting at $30. For more information visit http://www.usahostels.com or call 1-619-233-7873.
About USA Hostels
Founded in 1994, USA Hostels offers guests excellent service and the cleanest and most fun hostel facilities in San Diego, Hollywood and San Francisco. The company is the recipient of many industry awards including top rankings by Trip Advisor, Hostelworld and Hostelbookers and was voted #1 Hostel Chain Worldwide 2013 by Hostelworld.com guests. Visit http://www.usahostels.com and follow USA Hostels on Facebook (Hollywood, San Diego, and San Francisco), Instagram (@usahostels) and Twitter (@USAHostels).
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12811000.htm
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.