- Rivian Automotive Inc RIVN is reportedly planning to slash 6% of its workforce to cut costs.
- The electric vehicle company is reeling under poor cash reserves amid a weak economy, Reuters reported.
- Also Read: Elon Musk Gives Important Tesla Cybertruck Production Update: 'It Is Incredible'
- The report cited an internal mail sent to the employees, in which CEO R.J. Scaringe said Rivian is channelizing resources to boost vehicle production and reach profitability.
- The workforce reduction is happening when electric vehicle giant Tesla, Inc. TSLA and Ford Motor Company F have made price cuts.
- Related: Follow The Leader? Ford's EV Price Cuts Could Be In Response To Tesla
- Price Action: RIVN shares are trading lower by 3.18% at $18.78 on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.