- United Maritime Corp USEA has entered into a definitive agreement with an unaffiliated third party for the sale of one of its LR2 product tankers.
- The 2008-built MT Minoansea's gross sale price totals $39 million.
- The vessel is scheduled to be delivered to its new owner by the end of December 2022.
- "We are extremely pleased to announce another exceptionally profitable transaction for our shareholders, as the gross sale price of the Minoansea is at a premium of over 100% of the vessel's acquisition price, while the return on equity is estimated at approximately 480%," said CEO Stamatis Tsantanis.
- Since United Maritime's initial listing six months ago, the company has generated a combined profit from selling the three tankers of approximately $38 million, representing 130% of the company's market capitalization as of December 19, 2022.
- Upon completion of the sale, the company's fleet will consist of one tanker vessel and one dry bulk vessel with an aggregate cargo carrying capacity of 280,961 dwt.
- Price Action: USEA shares are trading higher by 8.06% at $4.29 on the last check Tuesday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: NewsPenny StocksAsset SalesGeneralBriefs