- Toyota Motor Corp TM has unveiled its latest iteration of the Prius, the hybrid vehicle.
- Prius was first launched in 1997 as the world's first mass-produced hybrid car, leading the expansion of HEVs over the 25 years since it was first launched as a new-generation eco-car.
- The total cumulative sales of the Prius worldwide have reached about 5.05 million units, accounting for a reduction equivalent to at least about 82 million tons of CO2 emissions as of March 2022.
- The latest is the fifth generation Prius which comes with Toyota's first 2.0-liter Plug-in Hybrid System.
- EV driving range is about 50% higher than the previous model. With the PHEV, the battery pack is located under the rear seat instead of in the cargo area, giving the new Prius a lower center of gravity and increased cargo capacity.
- Series Parallel Hybrid (HEV) models will be launched in winter 2022, and Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) models in spring 2023.
- Price Action: TM shares closed higher by 1.15% at $143.75 on Tuesday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.