- Palantir Technologies Inc PLTR, a builder of operating systems for the modern enterprise, forged a multi-year partnership to help drive operational excellence at Hertz Global Holdings, Inc HTZ and enhance the customer experience using real-time, data-driven insights.
- This investment is part of Hertz's ongoing commitment to modernize its technology platforms to lead in electrification, shared mobility, and a digital-first customer experience.
- Also Read: Palantir Joins The Ranks Of Microsoft, Amazon Web Services After Winning This Contract
- Hertz chief information officer Tim Langley-Hawthorne said, "Our partnership with Palantir enables us to harness our data in innovative new ways that will get our customers on the road more quickly, improve our cost structure and reduce the complexities of operating a large fleet and as we continue investing in electrification."
- Hertz is using the Palantir Foundry operating system to create a platform that will help the company more efficiently manage and operate its fleet of nearly 500,000 vehicles, which includes tens of thousands of EVs.
- Palantir COO Shyam Sankar said, "Hertz has shown their continued commitment to being an innovator in the market, including their industry-leading focus on electric mobility, and we're proud to help them along their path to digital transformation."
- Hertz is amid developing a national network of EV charging stations under an agreement with BP Plc BP.
- Price Action: HTZ shares traded lower by 0.46% at $17.18 in the premarket on the last check Wednesday.
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.